Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Princess & The Court Jester

As you all know I went to Vegas a few weeks ago. I took one shift off from the club (although I took off the busiest shift they have). I didn't miss tons of work. I didn't make them think I was going to miss tons of work.

So, you can imagine my surprise when my boss called me on Tuesday (the day before my major shift) to ask how Vegas is going. I let him know that I was back and had been for a couple of days. He told me that my fill in (and his back up) led him to believe I was going to be gone another week. INTERESTING... very interesting.

The first thing that comes to my mind is "He's gunning for my shift." My second thought is "WRONG!! This is my planet, boy! You're just visiting." Well, my boss said he was really shocked that I would take off more than one shift because I never take off. I told him that wouldn't happen and he laughed.

The bonus for me is that now little Mr. Busy is on his last legs at the club. He's been doing lots and lots of things that annoy me, my barback, my boss, the performers and just about everyone who isn't trying to get into his pants. VICTORY IS MINE!

Don't mess with the Princess in the land of Queens.

007

No comments: