Thursday, December 4, 2008

Girls at the bar

Why can't people come to a bar and act right? There is a little bit of etiquette when going to a club or bar and I think it's time people knew a few things they should do... tipping is #1 on the list. Let me give you a taste of bad customer behaviour and the way a bartender can make your night less than festive. Enjoy!

Last night I'm serving up fabulous cocktails and a group of girls comes in. Nothing terribly unusual, of course. Well, the ringleader comes up to the bar and orders a round of drinks for them. I make the four Long Islands, one margarita ("no salt, light ice, no lime") and a cherry vodka sour. She hands me a credit card. I asked her if she wanted to open a tab. She says she wants to close it. Alright, I'm good with that. I run the card, it goes through and all is well... until I get the signed slip back. ZERO tip. Nice, right?

This goes on for another round of drinks. I make them all the way they are supposed to be made and still... no tip. It would be fine if this was a tab for $5.00 or something but it's over $25.00! I'm beyond frustrated. So, next round I decide that they should've behaved a bit more.

Unfortunately for them, their next round consisted of a lot of sweet & sour and lots of extra salt. OOPS! Bad bartender!! I also let my entertainers know that they weren't tipping for their cocktails and they made things fabulous for me!!! They really let into these girls. I mean, completely embarrassing them. I hope they don't come back. I don't need customers like that.

It's not like I'm asking for someone's mortgage payment or anything! I'm just asking for a simple dollar or two! I mean, seriously!!! Am I wrong???

Setting things straight,

007

No comments: