Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Get them one on me"

an interesting little phrase that caused an uproar last night. I had a female customer come in and buy a domestic beer. She sat down beside a mess of a male customer, noticed his almost empty drink and said "get him one on me." I poured his double vodka on the rocks, got her beer and told her the total. She looked at me like I was from Mars.

Now, a logical person would've asked what the other person was drinking if they were on some kind of budget. Obviously, she was trying to show off that she could purchase a man a cocktail. She had no clue that his cocktail was close to $10 and hers was only $2.75. She just kept repeating the total over and over. She looked at him like "what are you drinking?" and kept shooting daggers at me.

Finally, I got sick of it and told her he ordered a double. He ended up putting money up and I gave her the difference. She made such a point to get my name I know my boss will be calling me today. I'm ready, too, because my co-workers were cracking up about it last night. It's just ridiculous. I'm a great bartender and I did exactly what she asked me to do. How exactly am I wrong in this??? That's right. I'm not!

Proving to the world that society isn't completely stupid,

007

No comments: